Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The over stimulated thoughts of the sugar starved.

I'm just sitting here.. eating a bowl of Sherk the 3rd giant fruit loops.(with out milk).. pretty much simply for the fact that they are green.. (L) but also for the fact that i am dragging my butt big time this morning and thought that perhaps the copious amounts of sugar in those things would wake even the dead.. Not that it will change how i look as a result of dragging my butt.. the miss matched clothes... = pink tweetie flannelete PJ top matched with a pair of Matts track pants simply because i could not be buggered. Besides they were the first thing in arms reach wheen i fell out of be to my stupid phone waking me to remind me of a class at a shop that i no longer work at... dumb phone... surely i got rid of that wake up call. ggggrrrr.

Now that the sugar is finally kicking in it has got me to thinking... im writing this... though for who... ultimately it is for me... to remind me of the days past... and make me laugh on dark days when i read back in search for answers to what ever trivial question that my mind seeks answers for.. though.. i know that people do come here.. why? its beyond me.. something about them liking me? (foolish.. aren't they!? hahaha).. for my friends, whom i am teasing.. you know i love you!! xx

I have been to blogs... spent hours surfing the links that they provide.. which takes me to atleast a million and a half other blogs.. which sends me to surf further into the deep dark depths of cyber space.. Through this journey i have discovered that many promote RAKs through their blog. If you leave a message you are in the running for a RAK... though.. why!? What is the point.. I mean.. yeah, sure.. i love to give things to friends though most of these people are drawing people to their blog whom surely they know are ONLY there for the chance of something for nothing.. i mean.. how many of these freebie-hunters will give a rats and come back to check out the blog at a later date!? So.. what is the point!? Why do they do it!?

Is it in the hope that they will get more people reading their blog? Again.. i say why!? This is my little square of cyber space. A place that i reside.. a place where my friends will always feel welcome. Much like my kitchen table in my bricks and mortar home.. though that doesnt mean that i will welcome every door knocker in for a cuppa.
Is it the inner need to be liked!? The need to show the world what they are capable of? Weather it be scrapping, sewing, quilting, button making, photography...what ever it is that their passion is for!?

Now.. my rambling is simply that.. my sugar high thought processes running in overtime.. My words here are not intended to offend or upset anyone.. (except perhaps for the button maker, whoms i sure i offend, simply by existing (ha).... i am curious. That is all. Surely others have had the same thoughts as me at some point. Surely you have asked "Why!?".

I will just add that i totally understand the reason that stores have blogs.. and why they offer up lil prizes now and then.. though... the rest of the populations blogs.. come on.. why!?

Sooooooo.. Should i be worried that its only my dearest friends that seem to drop in and say hi... that i have lurkers here that dont feel the need to let me know they are there? (You know that is a crime in the bricks and Mortar world. haha) or that my blog is not perhaps reaching the 6.5 trillion people out there in cyber space!?

I wonder... if i was to add a RAK to my blog... just for shit sake.. who would come and knock on my door..

Perhaps... for halloween, i may do that...
Trick or Treat!?

haha.

__________________________
EDIT: I would like to just say.. before i get lynched by anyone that the above thoughts were those of which the title expressed.. they were my thoughts at the time.. i did say that i did not wish to offend anyone.
It has been public knowledge that Jodie & I had issues.. this post was in no way a direct poke at her, nor was i baiting anyone in anyway. I was not degradating the fact that she makes buttons.. or any other such thing.. to be totally honest, i think her buttons are totally fan-friggin-tabulous! ;)
As i have stated in PM on SM where this thread was addressed, i would like to just say.. as i did there, if i have said anything to offend... its simple that the only option you have is to not read. I will not sensor my posts, as i should not have to.. in my own little part of the web-universe. :)
Instead, take them with the grain of salt in which they were first intended. :)

7 comments:

Wendy said...

LMAO, SJ, you and I both know who would be first in line for that Halloween RAK, should you choose to do it!!! Um-mah, I didn't say that, did I??? Love ya, Hun, love ya work and love ya friendship. I'll be lurking for a long time yet... just you try to get rid of me!

Miss cath said...

Knock, knock

Mind you I don't need an excuse to knock!

We hang around and lurk cause you're a sweetie (oops sorry did I let your secret out)

Anonymous said...

LOL @ Wendy. Oh!?


Cath...you know the house rules... you are almost to key status! LMAO~

~Hugs~

miss~nance said...

SJ

I think you think too much.

I come to your blog casue I think you are cool and so is your work.

Jodie said...

i think people offer raks on their blog as a way of thanking and offering appreciation to people who take the time to visit their blogs, plus its just nice to send a gift out as a rak, pay it forward and all that.

also i think blogs are great to share your work links and creations.

like i do with my BUTTON MAKING....hmm interesting post there.

xx

wendy said...

RAk smack!
i just lurk so i can scrap snatch ideas off you, mwahhhhhhhh!

Miss cath said...

lol Wendy ....

Me too!